Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood



You may think that's a soundtrack put to the video, cracker, but you'd be wrong. It's hard to see, because the video is dark, but that's actually the volume level coming from a car stereo and the 5 individuals on the corner, across from our house, about a hundred plus feet away. The 5 individuals loudly refered to themselves as "niggahs".

Damn.... dat' shitz loud.

We were "treated" to this behavior nonstop for about an hour and half, sometime between 2 and 3 in the morning, before the cops showed up and dispersed these considerate, outstanding citizens, who of course gave the cops attitude while leaving, and in turn had to be threatened with arrest. You know, the police were harassing them because they were providing the neighborhood with free entertainment, drinking, breaking bottles, littering the corner with trash, and smoking their "stuff" out in the open. No wonder they were upset when they were told to leave.

Welcome to third world Dorchester.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Dorchester sucks worse than any place I've ever lived in this area, including Fort Point in Downtown Boston, Medford, Wollaston, Whitman, Somerville, Weymouth, Brighton.

Lips Mahoney said...

That's racist.

Anonymous said...

I live in Dorchester and "get treated" to the same stuff constantly. If I didn't love my apartment so much, I would have been out of there long ago.

I feel your pain :)

Lips Mahoney said...

No, surely this must be an isolated incident I experienced in my neighborhood... you're saying that there are others in this area that behave this way too? What's the trend?

Mark said...

I am defined by my observations.

Held to ransom by the holy trinity of race, class and gender.