Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ghost Ship

Today I went for my normal bike run from here in Dorchester to Castle Island in Southie, and along the way, something spooky happened. The shoreline was covered in dense fog and visibility was quite limited. I haven't seen such fog in a long time and I felt bad for pilots and passengers of the planes overhead on final approach to Logan.

Now, on a bike you get to experience everything you normally would on a walk -passing conversations, smells, etc.-- but at 4 times the speed. What was neat about today's ride was nearly every conversation encountered centered on how amazing the fog was. Everyone seemed transfixed by it, and now you will be too!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time take pictures of the ghosts. Do you need a special lens for that?

Mark said...

Those are really fantastic images. Really well done.

I was out on the bike path today too, but the fog hadn't gotten nearly that thick yet.

Lips Mahoney said...

Thanks!

I thought you were going to tell me I was the only one that saw it, and that I was being haunted by pirates.