Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Reality Testing: Notes from the Urban Underground

This is a poem a student shared with me last year. Be your own judge as to what this represents:

Bin laden didn’t blow up the projects it was you nigga tell the truth nigga.
I pledge no allegiance nigga fuck the presidents speeches I’m
Baptized by America n’ covered in leeches the dirty water that
Bleaches your soul n’ yo’ facial features drownin’ us in propaganda
That they spit from they speakers and if you speak about evil
That the government does the patriot act attract u to the type o’ yo’
Blood they try to frame you and try to say u as sellin drugs and
Throw a federal indictment on niggas that showed you love. Shit is run by
By fake Christians fake politicians look at their mansions and
Look at the conditions you live in, all they talk about is terrorism
On television they tell you to listen but they don’t tell you their mission,
they funded al Qaeda and now they blame the muslim religion
even though bin laden was a cia tactician they gave him billions of dollars
and they funded his purpose Fahrenheit 911 that’s just scratchin the surface

Bin laden didn’t blow up the projects it was you nigga tell the truth
Nigga, bush knocked down the towers, tell the truth nigga bush knocked down the towers
They say the rebels in Iraq still fight for Saddam but that’s bullshit
I’ll show you why its totally wrong cause if another country invaded
The hood tonight it’d be warfare through harlem and washington heights I would be fightin’ for bush or white america’s dream I’ll be fighting for my people survival and self-esteem, I wouldn’t be fightin for racist churches from the south my nigga I’d be fighting to keep the occupation out my nigga, you ever clock some1 who talked shit after Ronald reagan’s election mercenary contractors fightin a new era corporate military bankin on the war on terror
They controlin the ghetto with the fear of attack, tryin’ to distract
The fact they engineerin’ the crack so I’m trapped like lee malvo
Holdin a snipers rifle touch your kids and I don’t mean like micheal your body get sent to the morgue stripped down and innocent people get murdered in the struggle daily and poor people
Never get shit and struggle daily, this aint no alien conspiracy theory this shit is real written on the dollar underneath the Masonic seal

Em: I don’t rap for dead presidents, I’d rather see the president dead, its never been said, but I set precedents. Bin laden didn’t blow up the projects it was you nigga tell the truth nigga
Bush knocked down the towers

9 comments:

Lips Mahoney said...

Wow. I never thought to check for plagarism on that one.

Mark said...

The Zionists are the largest shareholders in the world’s drink manufacturers. They make hundreds of thousands of billions of dollars from this annually. This way, they export their colonialist schemes with this product, at no additional cost.

Take, for example, the Pepsi drink. Do you know what Pepsi stands for? ‘Pay Each Penny Save Israel.’

Lips Mahoney said...

Immortal Technique Lyrics - Bin Laden:

http://artists.letssingit.com/immortal-technique-lyrics-bin-laden-548j3bv

On a website run by Jews I'm sure.

Mark said...

They're worse than cockroaches you know.

Lips Mahoney said...

Wiki excerpt on the word "Nigga":

"Many people continue to see the word as pejorative, and its use outside African-American communities remains controversial. Many African-Americans express offense when referred to as a nigga by white people, but not if they are called the same by other African-Americans. In this case, the term may be seen as a symbol of fraternity, and its use outside a defined social group an unwelcome cultural appropriation. Critics like Dhun of the popular blog "House of Bob" have derided this as a double standard. [5]"

Mark said...

Big Ups to ya, BlogDawg.

Here's a present for ya...

http://foxybronx.free.fr/foxy17.html

Mark said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTwDao8dcqY&mode=related&search=

Lips Mahoney said...

I don't think I'd ever use either derivation of the word in a social or class situation. I believe the contraversy around the use of the word is rediculous, but I also think that man is a jackk-ass.

Mark said...

That's really the point, isn't it?

Either anyone can use the word without fear of being shamed, or nobody can use the word.

This doesn't mean that because we can do something we should, or that when hypocrites try to shame us that we should look away because they belong to a group which had previously been treated in an inhumane way.

Now go fetch me a drink, boy.

Oh, wait, "boy" is an epithet, isn't it.

Sorry.

I'll be quiet now.